About the Site
When you come across a brand’s blog, your first thought may be that it’s all one-way chat and corporate marketing speak. This isn’t that kind of blog. Instead, we are here because we want to hear from you.
Through these pages you’ll also come across an array of writers with their own perspectives on everything from how we make our products, to what goes into the making of a Sony commercial. We’ll keep you up to date on product announcements and software upgrades as well as share with you tips and trips for making the most of your products. And you’ll also see posts inviting you to discuss your experiences with us. But most importantly, we want to cover what you’re looking to read because you are what matters.. So as we power up, we hope you enjoy listening to us, because we look forward to listening to you
Rules of the Game
We’re going to talk about a lot of different topics and we encourage you to participate.
We’d just like to take this opportunity to cover the rules of the road. It’s basic stuff around being respectful so it shouldn’t be anything you didn’t already learn in pre-school or haven’t already seen on other sites. Besides when you are respectful, people listen more.
- RATED PG No adult content or obscenities. Consider our blog rated PG.
- No violence, harassment or threats. Do we need to explain this further?
- No personal information. This isn’t a dating site.
- No spam. You’d just be embarrassing yourself.
- No copyrighted content. If it isn’t yours, then don’t post it.
Now there are some guidelines beyond the basics that would require a comment removal. For example, if you need help with an order or product support, we need to collect personal information so we’ll do this outside the blog. If your comment is ever not posted, you’ll hear from us as to why. We won’t leave you in the dark.
And last but not least, should you see people using #teamsony to share this blog’s content across the social sphere; those are our dedicated employees. They often help us spread the word and we want to make sure you know that they are part of our team.
Sony Electronics Overview
Headquartered in San Diego, Sony Electronics is a leading provider of audio/video electronics and information technology products for the consumer and professional markets. Operations include research and development, engineering, sales, marketing, distribution and customer service.
Sony is noted for a wide range of consumer audio/visual products, such as the BRAVIA® 4K Ultra HD, 3D and high-definition televisions, Cyber-shot® compact cameras, Alpha Interchangeable Lens Cameras, Handycam® camcorders, high-resolution audio products and portable audio products. Sony is also a leading manufacturer of audio/video technologies for broadcast, live production and B2B applications, highlighted by the CineAlta™ 4K cameras, SXRD™ 4K digital projectors, XDCAM line of tapeless technologies and a range of A/V professional products and accessories.
Join the Sony Community:
Things You Didn’t Know About Sony
- Sony’s first product was a rice cooker
- Sony establishes its first major overseas operation in New York City (514 Broadway) in 1960 with a capital investment of $500,000
- Sony becomes the first Japanese company in the United States to make a public offering of 2 million shares of common stock in the form of American Depository Receipts (ADRs) in 1961.
- In 1986, Walkman was included in the Oxford English Dictionary
- Before the Walkman personal stereo became a worldwide brand name, it was introduced under a variety of names, including the Soundabout in the U.S., the Stowaway in the UK and the Freestyle in Australia.