Based on feedback from our customers and a commitment to add value to the PXW-FS7 camera, Sony has released firmware version 3.0, which enhances the popular model through further functionality, efficiency and power.
Version 3.00 improvements
- Focus Magnification function is improved.
- The 4x and 8x magnification windows can now be repositioned on the viewfinder display using the joystick on the SmartGrip, even while recording.
- The position of the Magnification Window is retained until it’s reset to the center of the frame by pressing the joystick IN.
- Image quality of the viewfinder’s Magnification Window is improved for ease of critically adjusting focusing.
- A bright yellow frame surrounding the VF image prevents the operator from incorrectly framing by continue recording while the focus magnification is still ON.
- Added “2K Full”, “2K Center” image sensor scan function
- 2K Full Scan Mode reads the full Super35mm sensor area as 2K resolution instead of 4K.
- 2K Center crops the scan area to a 2K (2048×1080) area in the center of the sensor. This mode enables use of lenses projecting a smaller image circle i.e. Super16mm or 2/3-inch (B4) zoom lenses. Super16mm and B4 zoom lenses are smaller, lighter, have a wider focal range and deeper depth of field than Super 35mm equivalents, a boon for shooting, Vérité, sports and nature.
- 2K Center Scan also effectively doubles the magnification (2x zoom in) of 35mm Still and Cine prime or zoom lenses without any light loss. For example, a 24mm prime’s effective angle of view becomes the same as that of a 48mm and a 24mm to 105mm zoom’s effective angle of view is equivalent to that of a 48mm to 210mm zoom.
- Added Interval (time lapse) recording function
- The Interval recording feature controls how often and how many frames per shot, plus it can also trigger an optional lighting fixture.
- Interval duration is selectable from one shot per sec up to one shot every 24h.
- The number of frames recorded each interval is selectable: 1, 3, 6 or 9 frames.
- Pre-lighting controls the ON timing of an attached light fixture via the camera’s MI Shoe.
- Pre-lighting duration is selectable: 2, 5 or 10 sec. seconds.
- Expanded lowest value of Zebra 1 & 2 level to 0% (range 0~109)
- Both zebra 1 & 2 can be set at aby level between 0% and 109%; vastly simplifying exposure setting for any gamma setting.
- Added Noise Suppression selection to Cine EI recordings
- It is now possible to apply Noise Suppression to Cine EI recordings. Noise Suppression level is selectable: OFF, LOW, MEDIUM & HIGH
- Video Signal Monitor usability is improved,
- It is now possible to view WFM on the LCD while shooting Cine EI with a Monitor-LUT applied to the VF.
- Improved the feel and precision of the Iris and Assignable dials.
- The acceleration, ballistics (when whipping) and sensitivity of the Iris and assignable dials is optimized.
- FS-RAW image quality and operation stability improvement.
- The image quality of 240fps FS RAW recording is improved.
- Overall stability and operability of the camera is improved.
- Many additional improvements such as faster menu response and reduced rebooting time are implemented.
Download Version 3.0o here: https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.com/sony-software-model-PXWFS7.aspx.